When it comes to choosing the colors for your future kitchen finish, it is quite easy to get confused. After all, it is exactly the kitchen colors that define the look and feel of your room at the first place. So, choosing the right ones is a very important decision that affects your everyday life.
The choice of paint colors and shades for kitchen in particular and for any room in general is almost endless. Among available paint options you may find literally any color you can imagine. So, it is quite hard to decide which one fits your taste the best and helps you get the most of your kitchen design.
So, for you to orientate yourself in all this diversity, we have prepared some tips as for choosing the best kitchen paint colors. Our suggestions are quite universal and work well specifically in kitchens. The only thing that is up to you is to pick the one that you like the best.
The best paint colors for kitchen
Some of the most beneficial colors for kitchen finishes are white, gray, all shades of green, red, yellow and blue. They look wonderful both on the walls, kitchen furniture, and all interior elements. Of course, not all of them are combinable with each other, except white that fits all. However, all of them in the right combinations can make your kitchen feel a little different but cozy and appealing.
You cannot go wrong if you choose the warmer colors for your kitchen interior finish. Shades of red, yellow, and orange are considered as those that create a positive mood and promote the good appetite. They are very versatile, so it is possible to pick a shade that is dear to anyone’s taste. However, making your kitchen all red or orange is too bold experiment. Try to combine vibrant colors with more pastel ones or white.
So let’s think on the main colors:
- As for white, it makes any room feel fresh and bright. White color may help you to wake up in the morning when you have your first cup of coffee in your kitchen. Even if you really like this color, all-white room may seem too boring for you. Luckily, white looks great in almost any combination. So, the experiments are always welcome. We love white color in our work – take a look on this kitchen!
- Another perfect kitchen color is gray. It is neutral enough and makes the room feel calm and relaxing. Despite it is often considered to be too cold and boring, the right shade of gray works like magic in kitchens. It combines wonderfully with many other colors. So, it is second after white in the list of the best base paint colors for kitchen.
- Blue color is another one that looks beautifully in the kitchen finishes. Lighter and colder blue shades can make a room feel fresh and clear. They are perfect for walls or ceilings, but they may work just as well on kitchen furniture. Darker blue shades are good for kitchens too. However, you should not overdo with them, as they may make your room seem gloomy. A good way to incorporate dark blue in your interior design is to use it in accents in pair with white or gray.
- Yellow feels just like sun. It brightens any room, filling it with a feeling of joy and love for life, making anyone who steps in it feel happier. It works well even with the smallest rooms and combines perfectly with other warm colors, not to mention white and gray.
- The last one in our list of best kitchen paint colors is green. There are lots of its shades – from colder mint to vibrant grass green. And they all work marvels in kitchens if added in a smart way. Any green shade looks just perfect with white color and wooden elements, making your kitchen feel natural and appealing. If you opt for bolder design, choose emerald green. This wonderful bright shade can energize your kitchen even better than yellow or red.
If you are experiencing doubts on color of your kitchen – call us. We can advice you and provide remodeling services for you in all San Diego!