7 TIPS ON HIRING THE BEST BATHROOM REMODELING CONTRACTOR
Bathroom remodeling in San Diego is a big decision to make and a hard project to implement given the galore of things to take care of:
- Elaborating a workable renovation design;
- Getting permits for plumbing and electrical works from city municipalities;
- Supplying necessary materials and fixtures;
- Arranging for the garbage disposal and recycling;
- The actual installation, finishing touches, and clean-up;
- Final inspections and approvals from authorities;
- And, most important, FINDING THE STRENGTH TO WITHSTAND DEVASTATING CHAOS AND NOISE FOR THE NEXT MONTHS!
With this in mind, bringing a licensed bathroom contractor to save you from stress and misery seems a very sound idea. Most bathroom remodeling contractors in San Diego are one-stop vendors able to cater for all your bathroom renovating needs, from developing a design and obtaining all necessary permits from local officials to driving all the equipment and mechanicals in and polishing the space to perfection.
There is only one problem with bathroom contractors– it is hard to discover the honest one to bring you value, not troubles. These seven sure-fire tips will help you find an excellent in all respects bathroom remodel contractor near you in San Diego.
HOW TO FIND THE BEST BATHROOM REMODEL CONTRACTOR IN SAN DIEGO
1. MAKE INQUIRIES
Beholding the result with your own eyes is the best proof of the contractor’s competence and integrity. If there are folks in your circle that have recently had their bathroom or kitchen renovated, you may reach out to them and ask whether they would recommend their contractor and why so. Clients of trustworthy home remodelers in San Diego always keep the referrals coming.
2. SCOUR THE INTERNET
Once knowing the names of the most/least popular bathroom remodeling firms in San Diego, you can continue doing your due diligence on the Web for more reviews and experience shares. Modern realities force home renovation companies to make their presence on the Internet for better engagement with customers. And it is a good sign when a contractor boasts:
- An own website with an impressive project portfolio;
- Accounts in major social networking sites packed full of related photos and posts;
- A proprietary YouTube channel with over a hundred of videos demonstrating how the company gets the job done.
Solid online footprint means clients have enough resources to learn the company’s ins and outs as well as post reviews and leave comments. No website or poor SNS activity suggests that it will be hard for you to verify whether the contractor is a good fit for you.
3. CHECK CREDENTIALS
Once your online search for bathroom contractors near me in San Diego is over, and you narrowed your choice to 2-3 names, it is time to ensure that the prospective contenders for your bathroom remodel project have no issues with their license and insurance.
Why does it matter? A full-scale bathroom renovation will involve lots of electrical, plumbing, and installation works which must be done by well-trained professionals in rigorous compliance with city codes, lest no end of worries. Possession of a license and insurance also means that you can freely file a lawsuit in court against the contractor in the event they fail to meet their obligations. When communicating with a potential contractor, try to find out whether they are licensed and insured. If yes, ask nicely for telling you their license number and proving their general liability insurance.
4. BE LEERY OF PAYING WITH CASH
Bathroom remodeling contractors asking to pay in cash might be those notorious guys who are often called “fly by night” and should be kept away from. Cash payments have no paper trail, and if you pay this way, get ready that you may find yourself in trouble trying to prove that the money was paid but the job was not done. Avoiding settlements in cash will also save you from problems if the local tax authority suddenly wants to check the recent expenses that you paid.
5. PAY FOR A RESULT, NOT PROMISES
Chances are that you will gravitate towards some local bathroom contractors in San Diego due to their physical proximity to where you live and advantages associated with this closeness. But being found in the same neighborhood with the tradesmen does not mean you are friends and can believe their bare word. Pay only for the result that you like, for the completion that you see, and for the possession that you get and never let yourself be fed with empty hopes.
6. TIE UP A CONTRACT WITH YOUR HIRE
Signing a written contract will give you, perhaps, the largest dose of heartsease when hiring a bathroom remodeling contractor in San Diego. Once responsibilities and rights of both parties of the renovation project shape into a written form, you receive a guarantee that everything will go smoothly, and if not, you will have a good reason to go to law.
When affixing your signature on the agreement, make sure it contains the following:
- Description of the contract
- The fixed project cost
- The list of jobs to be done or/and services to be provided
- Payment mode and schedule
- Rights and liabilities of the parties
- Workmanship warranty
- Duration of the construction period
- The contractor’s contact, license, and insurance data
- Cancellation of an agreement
- Force-majeure circumstances
- Procedure for work acceptance
- Life of the contract
7. DISCUSS ALL NUANCES BEFORE THE SHOW BEGINS
Even small bathroom re-does may span quite long, while full-scale renovations may linger on for weeks, if not months. A great bathroom remodel contractor will make clear the time frames during which the jobs will be done as well as explain all other subtle aspects involved in your bathroom renewal process:
- Who your contact person will be during the project;
- How they are going to pull the permits;
- How they are going to clean up the mess and dispose of the construction debris;
- What measures they will take to protect your property;
- Whether some additional charges may incur in between and why.
A better bathroom contractor in San Diego is like a caring parent: they strive to protect you from any headache associated with renovating your sanitary room and do their utmost to leave you happy, not disappointed.
Do not think that finding the best bathroom remodeling contractor in San Diego is a tedious and time-consuming task – it is just a matter of a few clicks! Contact us today to get your bathroom refined with the ultimate professionalism, dedication, and on mutually beneficial conditions!
However, there is a wickedly simple way to find the best bathroom contractor in San Diego and benefit at every stage of a remodel extravaganza – to hire Groysman Construction Remodeling Company and enjoy how your obsolete and problematic bathroom is rapidly transforming into a beautiful and ultra-modern facility at a price that you can afford.